Tips for Modernizing Your Nominations Process
What you need to know:
- A nominations or application process that requires paper or in-person submissions only adds barriers that prevent candidates from applying.
- A paperless nominations process is not only beneficial to the nominee or applicant, it also brings huge savings to the organization, and is environmentally friendly.
- Organizations looking to modernize these processes will not only benefit from the savings in cost, but also time! A digital solution greatly decreases the lag time from nomination to election.
What if your nominations or applications process could be a lot easier?
In this digital age, one organizational process that hasn’t yet migrated to the virtual arena is the application and nominations process. Why do so many organizations stick with a process that throws up barriers to entry and reduces the number of applicants?
Imagine: It takes potential candidates less time and effort to complete the application process. Your number of applications received greatly increases. And your members are actually inspired by the potential to be involved with your organization. It’s not too good to be true, it’s possible with our online nominations software.
When Survey and Ballot Systems (SBS) created the software, it was designed specifically to enhance the nominations and elections process for member organizations like credit unions and cooperatives. And it is still the premier tool for that purpose!
However, over the past few years, we’ve seen many organizations utilizing the Nominations software system creatively – scholarship and internship applications, awards submissions and more.
Finding new candidates
Member elections, internships, scholarships, awards – in order for them to run the way they’re supposed to, your organization needs candidates and applicants. If you’ve done your job and communicated widely about your opportunity, you’ll have people intrigued and wanting to learn more. If they learn the applications or nominations process is required to take place entirely in person or on paper – you’ll lose many of those people before you even learn their names. Cast a wide net, mention that your organization makes it easy to apply and you’ll have more candidates and applicants in the pipeline.
Simplify the process
Every hoop a candidate or applicant has to jump through decreases the likelihood of you receiving their application. It’s imperative you make the process easier for candidates. And the most effective way to do that is to have an efficient online platform. This allows people to fill out and submit their information anywhere at any time and know that data is stored securely.
With a service like DirectNominations, the process is significantly less intimidating and more appealing. The technology is available, your organization can and should be using it to your full advantage.
Not only does utilizing an online platform such as DirectNominations make the nominations or application process easier for potential candidates, it can also reduce the workload for administrators. Add up how much time your administrators spend shuffling and organizing papers, or manually assisting potential nominees or applicants through the process and you’ll see how much time you can save by automating those processes.
Say YES to:
- Encouraging engagement and allowing more people to participate in your nominations or application process.
- Being open and transparent throughout the process.
- Providing a convenient, environmentally friendly and efficient way for people to apply and be further involved with your organization.
Say NO to:
- Deadlines made unrealistic due to mailing delays and having to return items in person.
- In-person only nominations (those made from the floor of a meeting, for example) – last second changes can lead to an increase in costs and mistakes.
- Increasing barriers to entry – the goal should be to make your nominations and applications processes more accessible to all.
Wouldn’t it be nice to see an increase in the number of applicants for your internship and scholarship programs? Don’t you want a greater number of brilliant submissions for your awards? Wouldn’t your organization benefit from having more candidates vie for board and committee positions?
You can say YES with the help of SBS. Schedule a free demo or contact us any time with questions or for more information, we’re here to help.