Key Benefits of Voting by Phone
Voting by phone may sound too good to be true, but it’s possible, and here at SBS we have the means to make it happen. Voting by phone and customized, touch-tone voting (TTV) is a key feature of our DirectVote line of elections services.
How does voting by phone work?
- We work with your organization to provide voters with login information to access a personalized voting by phone ballot based on their member information.
- Members simply place a call and are guided through the voting process by recorded prompts. SBS’ phone voting systems can also be set up for voter intent surveys.
- Voters can then use voice commands or their touch-tone keypads to make their voting selections.
Why consider phone voting as an option for your next election?
- Authentication procedures ensure no duplicate voting.
- Voters can review their ballot selections before final submission.
- It’s quick and easy – voters are guided through each step of their personalized ballots with clear voice prompts.
- A verifiable level of security exists for auditing purposes.
- Your organization benefits from reports on voter participation, activity and trends.
- The system has been meticulously developed, tested, and regularly overseen by SBS.
- The easier the process to vote, the greater the chance of increasing member election participation.
“Giving organizations the power to connect with members through phone voting in the most convenient ways possible is what we’re all about,” said Jon Westerhaus, SBS President. “Phone voting and TTV systems allow all types of member organizations to deliver a personalized, professional and secure voting experience with 24-hour access from any touch-tone phone.”
Organizations can use phone voting exclusively or integrate it with other election methods such as traditional paper ballots and online voting.
Learn more about our fully manged election services and voting by phone options here.
Since joining SBS in 2011, Tony has led company communications, branding, and product launches, maintaining SBS as the go-to for governance solutions. He regularly hosts educational webinars and speaks at national trade association events across the United States. Tony’s expertise has earned him media recognition, with features in outlets like Rural Electric Magazine, The Association Adviser podcast, Associations Now, and NBC’s King 5 Mornings in Seattle.